4 c. rolled oats
3/4 c. wheat germ
3/4 c. wheat bran
1/2 c. sunflower seeds
1/2 c. pumpkin seeds
1/2 c. macadami nuts
1/2 c. raw cashews
2 tbsp. flax seed oil
1/2 c. slivered almonds
1 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 c. coconut oil
1/2 c. agave syrup (can substitute maple)
1/4 c. raw sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. dried apples
1/2 c. dried apricots
sprinkle of dried Goji Berries
sprinkle of cacao nibs
sprinkle of puffed brown rice
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a food processor, pulse the macadamia nuts and cashews until they are a course crumble.
3. In a large bowl, mix the oats, wheat germ, wheat bran, sunflower seeds, nut mixture, pumpkin seeds, puffed brown rice and shredded coconut.
4. Heat the coconut oil, agave syrup, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract over medium-low heat until the oil has melted and everything has dissolved.
5. Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients, and mix thoroughly with a spatula, until everything is evenly combined and covered.
6. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
7. Let cool, and mix in the dried fruit, goji berries and cacao nibs.
8. Store in an airtight container.
( * ) For crunchy granola spread mixture between 2 sheet pans
ps. I love my heart shaped bowl by Neal Pottery - I use it all the time!!