Saturday, December 4

Sometimes it comes from a random place



If you’ve been reading me for a while, you know I believe in peripheral things.  Those out of the corner of your eye, flash of light, subtle magic kind of things. It’s the stuff that stirs a deeper knowing in you. That feeling - some call it the flow.



Yea, I’ll say it out loud. I think lucky moon dogs are really lucky, even if my friends of  science disagree. Seeing double numbers? Auspicious. I like to think they mean  you’ve  stepped in stride with the Universe. You’ve released resistance, you’re present and very much on your way. Something is manifesting for you, something born from delight. 
So I take note when wild animals cross my path and log each mysterious meeting in my mental bank? And what if an owl swooping in front of me confirmed once that I was to spend another winter in Fairbanks?  So what? If it’s really true that we are here to live from the heart and that the matter at hand is how we are all spiritual beings living out a human experience and not the other way around. Well then - fill my glass, pass the desert – let’s get on with it.


I’ve always been a flip the coin kinda girl. Not big into planning or spreadsheets.  I’ve made some moves that I am sure had my mom up at night. I went through quite a spell around the college years. $500 bucks in the bank and you want to drive from Texas to Alaska??? Tell me if I have time to make a quick mix?! You know a road trip needs a soundtrack and I take my co-pilot duties quite seriouslyWant to spend three months in Central America and need a little jingle for it? I know a great John Hopkins’s study you can get paid for participating in and get this! It’s IN Guatemala!! STA Travel has deals on International travel during the week of spring break? Hmmm...I can't think of a better way to spend my school loan money. 

On the road      circa 2007

All joking aside. I'm writing because I wanted to tell you that today, my pal, the Big “U” gave it to me in a bumper sticker while I was throwing around punches with my inner critic. I just happened to dodge left when my eyes fell on this:
Don’t believe everything you think.


Good one. Doesn’t the Universe have a great sense of humor?

1 comment: