Tuesday, November 16

alchemy of connection, eleven


Oh alchemy. I think I created you so I could spend hours thinking about what is good, true and simple. I think I put you on my path so I could balance my studio time between painting on claybord and painting on stones. You help keep it fresh you know? And lastly, I think you are here to remind me that the hours of November are still mine to paint late into the night and that for now, I have everything I need. What a gift.

Without further delay - lucky number 11 happened to be Andrea's list - -

strong coffee with a bit of sugar and half and half
writing in my journal
my red boots
walking in the fall leaves
picking Ben up from preschool and the gleeful hug that follows
Ben's tiny hand in mine
Cauliflower sauteed in olive oil and garlic, caramelized and finished with parmesan cheese
Brand new socks
hot bath with sugar lemon shower gel from Fresh


which inspired - - 


( * ) It was such a challenge for me to render this exactly as it reads in person. I think it has something to do with all of the subtle iridescent transitions and the rich, deep hues of the palate I chose. Regardless, I am in love with what came of Andrea's list!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. I'm intrigued with how the list manifests itself through your painting. Do you meditate on it or process it in some particular way or give yourself a time frame, Does it just happen?
    At any rate this is quite beautiful.
    xoxo Kim


    word verification says "right"

    ReplyDelete