Thursday, August 5

flowers, sun tea and a gun



One thing on my list for 2010 is to stay in as many DNR cabins as my schedule will allow all over Alaska. I mean, come on, I live in one stunning state and the lovely folks over at The Department of Natural Resources has made it all possible. Thanks guys.

This week I had the good fortune to spend two nights and three days over at The Hunt Memorial Cabin, mile 43 on Chena Hot Springs Road. When I saw it for the first time I let out some version of “hell yeah,” enthusiastic nonetheless. The Chena River was in the front yard and old spruce surrounded me.


 Aside from all the beauty the Interior keeps ‘wowing’ me with, I’ve got to tell you something. I’ve been dreaming big over here and this weekend I wasn’t alone. 


You see, there are these two women, Jen and Jane, and we have an idea. A knock the socks off sort of thing. And when the time is right, I will spill it.
Until then, here's a little random: 


I sweated out Bob Dylan on my waitressing shift last night.

And as after thought, apparently, I am the girl who brings flowers, sun tea and a gun camping.


No comments:

Post a Comment