Sunday, November 15

hello november

 
I used to live here, Goldstream Valley, 2002


I'm gonna tell it like it is folks.
It's a make you snap twice, sprint to the front door, long john pullin', shirt tuckin' C O L D.
I do believe
more
is in store.
It's a water crystal's floating, ice fog hanging, sly moon sliding, wood stove stoking 
kinda' affair.

Winter is just getting interesting.

I've got all sorts of cozy going on over here : homemade moose meatballed spaghetti (recipe follows), a 300 degree wood stove burning, itunes genius playing (starting thread My Moon My Man by: Feist), today's enjoyment of yesterday's whole hearted house clean, a completely organized art studio where I can put my hands on what I need in 2 seconds flat, six freshly sanded birch hearts to paint while I listen to Christmas movie's and one two dollar organic ambrosia apple for desert. I am a happy girl.

You know, it was on my list for months to organize my studio. No small task my friend. I productively procrastinated around it for quite some time. Last night, at ten, I was inspired to knock it out, take it out, head to toe. I was committed. Six hours later and the space was neatly stacked color, column's of untouched boards, clotheslines hung clipped photograph's, and windowsill line of rocks that spin my world round.

The studio is ready. I am ready. The switch is flicked and lots of new art is on it's way. Come on back now ya hear?!

Coming Soon *
A new collection of  pattern paintings on wood, natural stone's and sea glass posted in my etsy store by the month's end !

New work will be a part of December's Alaska House Art Gallery Woman's Show - Come out and see!
(for details visit www.thealaskahouse.com)


Moose Meatballed Spaghetti

3 Tbsp olive oil
1 yellow onion, finely diced
Kosher Salt, freshly ground pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups torn pieces crustless white bread (1/2 inch pieces)
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 lbs. ground Alaska Moose
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leafed parsley
1 tsp finely chopped thyme
5 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into 1" cubes
7 cups tomato sauce
1 1/2 lb. spaghetti


In large pan, saute onions for 10 minutes in 1 tbsp oil. Add garlic. cook 1 minute. Let cool. In bowl crumble bread, add buttermilk. Add meat, onion mixture, parsley, thyme, 21/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, mix with hands until cohesive. form into 10 meatballs.  Stuff cheese cube into center of each one. Reroll meatball.


In same pan, over medium high heat warm 2 tbsp oil. Brown meatballs in 2 batches. 8 minutes per batch. Remove and place on a plate. Pour sauce in pan. Add meatballs. Cook on medium low for 35 - 40 minutes or until fully cooked. Enjoy!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment